lauantai 4. kesäkuuta 2011

Thoughts on user groups

I have just checked the feedback on Harmony 2011. According to the feedback we must have Harmony 2012! I am glad everybody enjoyed and that they want more. That is so great!
Now I just need some rest before even thinking about the next Harmony. But I am quite sure (I already know myself :)) that after the summer vacation I also want to have Harmony 2012.
BTW our Hyperion users will have their event in August (24th) and our RAC sig will probably meet in September. And yes, November the 3rd will be the OUGF conference in Helsinki. So much work but also so much fun.

Autumn will be very busy with all the UG events and the OOW. I will host the OOW Sunday for the EOUC with Ralf Koelling from DOAG. Let's see how many people will show up for the great program the EOUC will deliver for the Sunday.

And my dear friends Cindy and Ronald will have their wedding in NYC in August. I must go there! Ronald is the one who has taught me everything I know about MySQL and the one who I always ask if I have questions about MySQL. And Cindy knows everything about Japan and the Asian history. She even speaks Japanese!

User groups are great but the most valuable thing I have got from my work with use groups is great friends around the globe! I do not care I do not get any money on my work or that sometimes I even must use my own money to be able to work for user groups as long as working for user groups let's me meet my friends and make new friend in every event. This is my journey to be a better person by meeting interesting people and learning more and more every day.

I just wish my calendar would have more months per year that just the 12 everybody has and more hours per day than the lousy 24...

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti